This won't be the usual real estate marketing text, so please bear with me. This area of San Francisco is where my husband and I first landed in the early 1990s, after growing up in the East Bay. It's where I first fled the suburbs, when I got my driver's license at 16 years old. It's where I promised myself I would set down roots, and it's definitely where I left my heart.
So, to introduce 734 Bay Street to the world means a lot to me. It's rare that a piece of history like this - a unique compound in a magical setting - comes on the market.
Tucked beyond an unassuming private entrance, your eyes will widen as you start to take in this hidden treasure. Be welcomed into this sanctuary by a sun-soaked front garden, and head into the first residence of the two-unit building. The lower home includes two levels of luxurious living, with a reverse floor plan designed to capture the Bay views from the main living area. The upper level of this unit features a wonderful open floor plan, with a stunning kitchen situated at its heart. This level includes an open living and dining area, full bath, a walk-out balcony overlooking the Bay, and a front deck awash in south-facing sunshine. Retreat down the steps to the lower level, which includes two spacious bedrooms, two walk-in closets, and a spa-like full bath. There is direct access from this level to the front and rear garden.
The top floor residence is a one-bedroom, one-bath full-floor flat that includes stunning views, a spacious living room, an intimate dining room overlooking the Bay, and a beautifully-updated kitchen. Another spacious and sunny deck is just off this level.
Lower residence highlights:
- Two bedrooms, two full baths
- Gorgeous new kitchen
- Open living and dining area with Bay views
- Walk-out balcony with Bay views
- South-facing sundeck
- Radiant floor heating throughout
- In-unit laundry
- Office area
- Two walk-in closets
- Direct access to front and rear garden
- Wood and concrete floors
- 1400 square feet, per floor plan
Upper Residence highlights:
- One bedroom, one full bath
- Spacious living room with gas fireplace
- Separate dining room that could be used as a second bedroom or office
- Stunning Bay views
- South-facing sundeck
- Laundry hook-ups
- Lovely updated kitchen
- Great closet space
- Excellent for use as a family compound or owner-occupied investment
- Amazing views of the Bay and San Francisco Waterfront
- Fully detached with natural light coming in from all sides
- Excellent Russian Hill/Aquatic Park location, near the new Francisco Park, Hyde Street, North Beach, Marina and the Embarcadero
- 2100 square feet, per tax records
- Pre-paid leased parking
- Built in late 1800s - was brought by boat from Key West after 1906 earthquake, per owner